We hope the sun is shining where you are and the longer summer days are proving fruitful for your farm. This edition is packed with results from our Farmer Insight Survey, 3 time-saving admin tips and how to get £50 off next year’s support!
Survey Results: Farm Admin Has Increased For 74% of Farmers in Last 3 Years
Thank you to the 242 of you who completed our Farmer Insights Survey. The results are in. Here are some key highlights:
- 40% of you are ‘worried’ about the future of your farm, this is even higher for arable farmers, sheep farmers and those over 45 years of age.
- You are not alone — nearly 50% feel they do not fully understand the legal requirements of running their farm with some admitting they don’t really understand at all!
- Farmers are spending more time on admin than ever before, with many spending over 15hrs every week on farm admin duties alone.
- Nearly a third of farmers won’t be investing in future tech in the next 3 years (and we know why!)
3 Total Shortcuts To Save Time In The Office
As our survey revealed, most of you have seen an increase in farm admin in the past 3 years. We want to do all we can to help relieve some of this pressure.
Here are just 3 little tips for using Total that can help save you that bit of valuable time:
1. Stop Repeating the Same Descriptions: save time on inputting common invoice descriptions such as revenues with set prices by adding standard descriptions to be automatically populated when you enter the first two characters.
How: In the Description box on Input Invoice, tap the F2 key at the top of your keyboard and set a new commonly used description.
Example: Add ‘Market Commission’ as a Standard Description so you only have to type ‘ma’ then hit the enter key to auto-fill your invoice description.
2. View your Favourite Reports in One Click: Make it quick and easy to get up your most frequently used reports.
How: Click View Reports — Click once (to highlight) on one of your frequently used reports — update preferred criteria to the right (e.g. time period) — click ‘Add to favourites’ in blue underlined at the top right of the list.
Example: Every month you’d like to see your Cashflow Budget. Once saved in the ‘My Favourites’ folder on the left of View Reports, it can be easily accessed.
3. Use F10 to Instantly Tag All Items in a List: No need to manually go through and tick or untick all the animals/fields when treating with medicine, fertiliser or any action for that matter! This F10 shortcut can also be used if you wish to tick or untick multiple lists in Field or Accounts.
How: when presented with a screen with a tick box list in Total, try using the F10 key at the top of your keyboard to select/un-select all items in the list.
Example: In the Cattle Actions/Usage screen, use the criteria to narrow down your animal list (if needed), click on one animal eartag to highlight in yellow, press the ‘F10’ key to auto-tick all animals on the list (to untick them all, simply press F10 again). Now block treat them with your wormer, foot trimming etc.
Do You Know Any Beef or Sheep Farmers Using Farmplan’s Livestock Software?
You may have heard that Farmplan are ‘farming out’ all their livestock users (cattle and sheep) to Herdwatch.
Pass on our exclusive migration offer (linked below) and we will knock £50 of your next support bill if they start using Total.
We are aware that some livestock farmers are not particularly happy about this change from Farmplan to Herdwatch a variety of reasons:
- Herdwatch is primarily app-based which is difficult for properly analysing data
- It does not link with all weighers
- Its reporting ability on herd performance is limited
- There are high on-going annual fees
- It does not integrate with other management software, e.g accounts
SUM-IT’s Total Beef overcomes all these issues and more!
We are offering all current users of Farmplan’s Cattle Manager a special migration offer, so they’ll benefit as well as you!
If there any livestock farmers you know who may be interested, please let them know and if they purchase, your support bill next year will be reduced! We have put together this handy leaflet for you to email or text to your friends/family which highlights our key benefits. Thank you for helping to spread the word. :-)
TOTAL2 — The Word In The Field!
We have got 10 amazing farmers who are testing out our brand new TOTAL2 Accounts which has just been released. Our in-house development team are working extremely hard tweaking it based on their feedback to ensure it does everything you require and more!
Here’s some initial feedback:
“I love the new look of TOTAL2 and it is actually easier to use than the original (didn’t think I would be saying that!)”
“I really like being able to customise the home screen and pin my most used actions & reports on there”
Fancy Helping Other Farmers?
It is always so useful for other farmers comparing farm management software to be able to read reviews from other farmers. If you have a spare few minutes, it would be hugely appreciated if you could leave a little review on Google for us.
Just click here to let people know what you like about Total!
We’d Love To Hear Your Story
In our next edition, we’d love to share a mini case study from one of our farmers. If you’d like to be featured in an upcoming edition, please do get in touch or call us on 01844 213003 we’d love to hear from you!